Wednesday, July 3, 2013

wedding: the shower

The weekend before last, my mom and sister threw me an Italian themed bridal shower. It was amazing! When my mom first proposed the idea to me, I was a little hesitant. The traditional bridal shower isn't really my style, plus I was already having a beer and booze shower (will post up soon). But my mom had some really awesome ideas, the first one being the overall theme - Italy! Our honeymoon is in Italy and one of our registries is setup to donate to our honeyfund. My mom and sister came up with some other amazing ideas including:
  • Italian Themed Invitations
  • Italian Soda Bar
  • Oil & Vinegar Tasting
  • Italian Style Hors D'Oeuvres
  • Basil Plant Favors
  • Traditional Italian Cannoli's and Cookies for Dessert
Everything turned out great and our guests raved about how fun and creative the party was. Here are some photos from the day. Thanks to Amanda Sause & Amy Storkel for the photos.

Antipasto Skewers


My Sister (Maid of Honor) & I   -   My Best Friend, Amanda & I


Italian Soda Bar


Italian Style Hors D'Oeuvres
- Antipasto Skewers
- Mini Lasagnas
- Fresh Berries
Breadsticks
- Prosciutto Wrapped Melon Balls
- Cheese Platter
- Tortellini Pasta Salad

Table was decorated with a red and white gingham table cloth, fresh basil plants, artichokes and fresh flowers


I'm so lucky and grateful that both of my grandmothers could make it!


Oil & Vinegar Tasting



Guests chatting & visiting with each other


Had to get down to my mom's size



Opening Presents - my favorite were the presents my grandma gave me... a homemade hanger that used my great grandma's yarn and pearl bracelets for my wedding day.


Ribbon & Bow Bouquet For The Rehearsal Dinner


My Mom & Soon-To-Be Mother In Law

2 comments:

  1. Really great post, Thank you for sharing This knowledge.Excellently written article, if only all bloggers offered the same level of content as you, the internet would be a much better place. Please keep it up!
    fashion wedding photographers in Houston

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have shared good information on arranging bridal shower party. Last week, I did corporate event planning of my sister graduation party. Decorated venue with beautiful flowers and arranged a yummy food for party.

    ReplyDelete